Mensaje sin leer por jcorella »

Imagen

Type: V8
Displacement cu in (cc): 302 (4947)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 370(276) / 6000
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 370(502) / 4000
Redline at RPM: n.a.

The 2007 Saleen Mustang Parnelli Jones Limited Edition

Specialty automobile manufacturer, Saleen, expands its product lineup and celebrates legendary racecar driver, Parnelli Jones, by announcing the Saleen Mustang Parnelli Jones Limited Edition.

Steve Saleen, President & CEO of Saleen, said, “Parnelli Jones is an American racing icon. In the fifties, sixties, and seventies Parnelli won just about every race that he appeared in, including the Indy 500. 1970 was the year that the SCCA Trans Am Series boasted the most competitive field ever, and Parnelli Jones and his Boss 302 Mustang competed against the likes of Mark Donahue and Dan Gurney, and there he captured the championship. Our relationship began in 1987 when Parnelli raced for me on the Saleen team, and helped us win our first SCCA Manufacturer’s Championship at Sebring, Florida. I can’t think of any other individual that brings with him the unique connection between championship winning Mustangs and Saleen.”

Parnelli Jones commented, “It’s a true honor to have a special edition Saleen wearing my name. This impressive car takes me back in time – it makes me want to take it for a run around the track. I’m sure that this car will be an adrenaline-pumping experience for anyone who has the chance to own or drive one. I think that this car is going to evoke nostalgia not only for Steve Saleen and myself, but for everyone that lays their eyes on it.”

The Engine

In 1970, spectators wore bell bottom pants and mood rings and watched Parnelli in his Grabber Orange Boss 302 Mustang with black striped hood, cross the finish line to take numerous checkered flags and overall championship.

Today’s Saleen Mustang Parnelli Jones Limited Edition reflects the same authentic vintage attitude but comes complete with a new Saleen 302 cid V-8, 3-valve engine. This engine produces a whopping 370 horsepower at 6000 RPM, and with 370 ft-lb of torque at 4000 RPM.

The high compression engine transforms a normal drive into an exciting thrill ride. Awakening the senses, the new Saleen engine is equipped with a high compression, high revving valve train, utilizing forged pistons, rods, and crankshaft and a lightweight, aluminum flywheel. Top performance calibrations are thanks to Saleen’s PowerFlash technology.

Also included in this Limited Edition are new Saleen 302 valve covers. Completing the authenticity and providing additional high performance capabilities is the new exhaust system that provides a low- resonating sound that is a legacy of Saleen.

Exterior Design

The new Saleen / Parnelli Jones Limited Edition comes in one color, Grabber Orange. Period correct details include a black striped “shaker” hood, race-style hood pins, black trunk deck, and 302 side stripes.

Completing the overall effect, the new Limited Edition comes with Saleen performance styling including front fascia with racing-style air dam, side skirts, rear fascia, rear 1970 replica wing, trunk insert license plate panel with chrome trim, rear window quarter panels, and a racing-style billet gas cap. Demonstrating further the authenticity of this retro-beauty, Parnelli’s racing number, 15, removable and reusable static cling race decals, and the Ford blue oval are displayed – just like the one that appeared on Parnelli’s 1970 Boss 302 Mustang.

Only 500 Examples Will be Produced

“Parnelli Jones is an extraordinary example of a legend maker. Even after nearly four decades, his abilities and visions for the sport has very few equals. I anticipate that Parnelli’s racing spirit will come alive in every Saleen / Parnelli Jones Limited Edition that we manufacture. Capping on our motto, ‘Power in the Hands of a Few,’ we will produce a limited number – up to only 500 – in honor of Parnelli winning the Indy 500 in 1963,” said Steve Saleen.

Availability and Pricing

Certified Saleen Ford dealers throughout the United States are now taking orders for the Saleen Parnelli Jones Limited Edition that will be distributed this Fall as a 2007 model. MSRP is estimated to be in the mid-to-high $50,000 for this limited production vehicle. Taxes, designation charges, and other fees may apply.

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
CHAQUETA
6 cilindros
6 cilindros
Contactar:

Mensaje sin leer por CHAQUETA »

Hasta se me caen las babas de ver este avion!!!

Que excelente la combinacion entre Saleen y Ford
DIEGO SALGUERO G.
pm_cr
8 cilindros
8 cilindros

Mensaje sin leer por pm_cr »

Muy sin gracia, ademas no es nada nuevo a los questemosa costumbrados a ver.

No me gusta, pero no deja de ser un chuzo.

Saludos
Impreza 007
8 cilindros
8 cilindros
Contactar:

Mensaje sin leer por Impreza 007 »

Que asientos mas feos!

Que de diferente o limitado tiene este carro que no sea como los otros GT Mustang?

8) Impreza007
Amárrate a la vida, el cinturón salva vidas
Subaru - Think, Feel, Drive !
aldo92
6 cilindros
6 cilindros

Mensaje sin leer por aldo92 »

la verdad no me gusta, y menos con esas varas en el vidrio de aatras
gtr-35

Re: 2007 Saleen Mustang Parnelli Jones LE

Mensaje sin leer por gtr-35 »

aldo92 escribió:la verdad no me gusta, y menos con esas varas en el vidrio de aatras

si gustos no hubieran y demas... old school... y bueno, ya los viera con uno de esos
andresgt500
8 cilindros
8 cilindros

Mensaje sin leer por andresgt500 »

La info esta un poco vieja pero eta en todas pero es un chuso ojala sacaran la vercion nueva del Boss 429 que fue mas bueno en su epoca pero esta vercion del boss 302 esta en todas
ademas esas varas de hay atras como dijeron: no seria lo que es y seria un mustang cai igual al gt corriente eso y los focos divididos en dos!! buenicimo es aunque prefiero la vercion del gt500Kr 2008
escholl
8 cilindros
8 cilindros

Mensaje sin leer por escholl »

invierten un harinon y le ponen un volante tan horrible, parece que quisieron mantener la idea delos antiguos mustangs, eso no lo entiendo, un carro nuevo con tiliches del viejo.
gtr-35

Mensaje sin leer por gtr-35 »

Old school nada mas, lo mejor, y si le combina muy bien, no es ni un simple volante ni cosas viejas en un carro nuevo, es la mejor tecnologia, y ya hay varios 429 rodando por estos lados, q por cierto suenan a gloria
Responder

Volver a “Ford Motor Company”